Sunday, August 15, 2010

what a difference 2 years makes.

I read an unpublished post of mine today. It was from 11/11/08 and it was a little more raw than I think is appropriate to share. I was angry and frustrated about my job, about a job, and about myself. Overall 2008 wasn't my best year... or maybe it was. It was the year I lost my wedding rings, the year I didn't get the job I wanted, the year the market tanked and we didn't get the ranch... but I do remember feeling like maybe it was a teaching year....
I can't say I've learned much from it, but I do recognize the lessons.
- If you lose it - it doesn't always come back, and you can't always just by another one
- when you lose something - its not only you who suffers
- don't be anything but yourself - it won't work
- don't base your plans on what might happen

So i'm doing good on some but not all of those... who can guess.

No comments: