Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lost and Found Phone...

So this weekend, we went to a lake about an hour away. It was not a lake I will go to again, I'm spoiled, and just don't understand the lake thing in California. I'm from Toronto, and grew up swimming and splashing in deep, cool, clean waters of Muskoka lakes. There is nothing like it, I can definitely confirm. So I digress.

After a hot "hike" (small "h" on hike) we enjoyed a picnic. It was dusty, hot, and surrounded by bees. I really hate bees actually. We scrambled down to the water and i put my feet into what can only be described as the mucky bank. Surrounded by old trash we through the toys for the dogs, and then decided to call it a day. The only cooling off we wanted was a beer on the patio.

We hopped into the car and I went for my phone. To let Google do the walking and show us to an oasis of cool drinks. Drats nowhere could we find it. We drove around (e didn't say too much) and tried a variety of spots, I "hiked" back to our "idyllic" spot to see if somehow I left it there. No Luck. ARGH.

We got home after a long dejected ride home. Noone really suggested beers now, and I was just mentally kicking myself the whole time. Knowing I'm a dumbass, and that my husband has every right to be annoyed by what he calls the "inconvenience meter".

So yesterday I pop into the car to head to work, and something catches my eye... oh yes, the phone had dropped into the well that houses my parking break. YES! YES! YES! This reminds me of another day I found something valuable between two bucket seats. But that in the words of the narrator from Hammy Hamster is "another story"


Inconvenience Meter - 7 (involved extra hour of driving for friend and husband, kept us from having delicious beverages, could have resulted in a dreaded trip to Livermore, and loss of beloved phone altogether... but ultimately boomeranged back)
Cost - $ (just extra gas)

No comments: